Welcome to the Bristol Health Trainers Website
- We have Health Trainers working in communities across Bristol that have the greatest needs.
- We also have a team who work with people who have learning difficulties.
- The service is friendly, free and everything you discuss will be kept confidential.
Bristol Health Trainers can....
- Encourage and support adults to choose a healthier lifestyle
- Including gym referral on prescription, quitting smoking, weight loss vouchers, healthy eating
- Provide relevant health advice
- Help people access local services
- Support adults with learning difficulties
The areas our Bristol Health Trainers cover
- Inner City - Easton, Lawrence Hill, Barton Hill and St. Paul's
- North Bristol - Southmead
- South Bristol - Knowle West and Hartcliffe
- The Health Trainers for Older People - Bedminster and Southville, Easton, Lawrence Hill, St. Paul's and Ashley.
- The Health Trainers for people with Learning Difficulties - cover the whole of the Bristol area.
Who are Bristol Health Trainers?
We are accredited NHS Health Trainers who provide support to the people and communities living in Bristol so that they are able to get need to improve their health.
A key element of our work is to encourage people to adopt healthier lifestyles based on having a healthy diet and being physically active. We offer tailored advice, motivation and practical support. We are able to signpost individuals onto other agencies/organisations as necessary.
We are a vital link between professionals and the community and are visable and accessible to local people.
How Can a Health Trainer Help You?
It is often hard to make a change on your own. Health Trainers are here to support and encourage people to choose a healthier lifestyle.
- They have knowledge of health issues such as healthy eating and being active.
- They know about local services and they can refer you to specialist agencies such as stop smoking services.
- They can offer you practical ideas and help and go with you to new places and groups.
- They work one to one and also support groups.
- At the first meeting they will listen and talk with you about how they can support you. Together you will agree a goal to work on and make a plan of how you will do this. They will continue to support you face to face or over the phone for as many as 6 sessions.
Click Here to go straight to online referral.